The Moscow-Pullman area is home to the University of Idaho and Washington State University, the only two land grant universities located less than 10 miles apart, offering a community rich in culture, education, and recreational opportunities.
For additional information:
- Moscow Chamber of Commerce at www.moscowchamber.com or call 800-380-1801.
- North Central Idaho Travel Association at www.visitnorthcentralidaho.org for information on the surrounding area.
- Inland360.com for current events and attractions occurring in the Moscow-Pullman area.
Arts & Entertainment
- Music Festivals, Theatre & Dance Productions at University of Idaho and Washington State University
- Exciting PAC 12, Sun Belt and Big Sky Athletic Events
- Kenworthy Performing Arts Center
- The Prichard Art Gallery
- Biking, Walking, Roller-blading along the Palouse Trail System - 39 miles of paved trails, connecting Troy, Idaho to Pullman, Washington through downtown Moscow, Idaho
- Golfing at the USGA rated University of Idaho 18-hole golf course or Palouse Ridge, the Palouse's newest course. (Golf packages available with five of our area's courses.)
- Hamilton – Lowe Aquatic Center – outdoor pool with water slides
- Hiking at Kamiak and Steptoe Buttes, Elk River Falls or Cedar Grove Botanical Area
- Mountain Biking on scenic Moscow Mountain (bicycle rentals are available)
- Jet boating and Dinner Cruises on the Snake River
- Chartered Fishing Trips
- Rafting on the Salmon or Snake Rivers – up to class 5 rapids
- University of Idaho Arboretum - all-season landscaped arboretum, 63 acres of ornamental trees, shrubs and flowers, adjacent to the UI Golf Course.
- Ice Skating at the Palouse Ice Rink
- Nez Perce National Historic Park & Visitor Center
- Museum Tours at the Appaloosa Horse Museum and McConnell Mansion
- Guided historic Lewis and Clark Trail adventures
- Touring St. Boniface Catholic Church – Washington’s First Consecrated Church, built in 1904
- Touring the Nez Perce National Historical Park & Visitor Center
Wineries & Breweries
- Wawawai Canyon Winery - Uniontown, Washington
- Merry Cellars Winery - Pullman, Washington
- Clearwater Canyon Winery - Lewiston, Idaho
- Lindsay Creek Vineyards - Lewiston, Idaho
- Camas Prairie Winery - Bovill, Idaho
- Colter's Creek Vineyards and Winery - Juliaetta, Idaho
- Basalt Cellars Winery - Clarkston, Washington
- Paradise Creek Brewery- Pullman, Washington
- Riverport Brewing- Clarkston, Washington
- Moscow Brewing Company – Downtown Moscow
- Rants & Raves - Downtown Moscow
- Hunga Dunga Brewing Company - Downtown Moscow
- Whiskey Barrel Cider Company - Pullman, Washington
- Cougar Red Distillery - Pullman, Washington
Area Tours & Adventures
- Winery & Brewery Tours - Design your own tour of our area's excellent breweries and/or any of the newest American Viticultural Area's (AVA) wineries.
Contact Jolene at 509/334-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
to organize your tour today.
Brewcation Northwest offers the opportunity to draft your own brewery tour itinerary!
Visit our local breweries (and wineries) with 25-60 of your closest friends!
Guided Bike Tours - Paradise Creek Bicycles offers leisurely, 12-mile luxury guided bike tours from Moscow to Troy, Idaho or to Moscow Mountain. Enjoy the beautiful scenery while hearing about the history and stories surrounding some of our area's scenic trails. Tours available for all skill levels.
Didn't bring your bike? No problem - Bike rentals are also available!
* The University Inn has a limited number of rental bikes available onsite.
Contact the front desk for details.
- Scenic Flights of beautiful North Central Idaho and Eastern Washington Region
- Guided tours of the Dworshak National Fish Hatchery
- WSU Creamery & Ferdinand's ice cream shop
- The Palouse Mall (over 60 shops and services) located adjacent to the University Inn
- Eastside Marketplace – theater complex and several unique shops
- Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday 8:00am-1:00pm May through October featuring fresh flowers, fruit, vegetables, plants, live music, arts and crafts
- Downtown Moscow with unique area shops, services, and dining
Moscow-Pullman residents and visitors enjoy a relatively mild climate. The average temperature in the summer ranges between 70-85 degrees with only a few days reaching the low 90s. Winter continues with moderate temperatures and an average range of 25-35 degrees with only the rare day below zero.